Forte® Formula Steering Wheel
Inspired by real-life formula cars, the Asetek Simsports® Forte® Formula Steering Wheel has been thoroughly designed by racers and sim racers alike to live up to the feeling of real-life racing, and at the same time adopting sim racing feedback. With this and other feedback in mind, we started from the ground up and a clean sheet of paper on a mission to create the best possible sim racing formula wheel, but like our other products, without breaking the bank. We are pleased to say that we achieved just that – please meet the Forte® Formula steering wheel!
OverviewThe design is engineered with user experience in mind, where all adjustable elements are colored to get you started quickly, and to ensure intuitive and mostly toolless use. The Forte sim pedals are highly adjustable to help you channel your inner race car driver, by changing the travel and hardness settings to your exact preference. And by using the Asetek SimSports® RaceHub™ software, you’re ready to race in no time.
The ergonomic handles are made with a comfortable, soft, and durable silicone rubber, that is easy to clean and disinfect, and will give you ultimate comfort and control, regardless of whether you are wearing racing gloves or not. You will have the option to easily change the handles to quickly implement future upgrades, including color, size, shape, and hardness.
The front face of the wheel is made in a 2mm woven carbon plate providing a beautiful home for all the buttons and switches.
With 128 individual input options, the Asetek Simsports® Forte® Formula Steering Wheel will, through our RaceHub™, give you the option to customize and map all buttons, switches, encoders, and paddles you need to be on top of your game. Featuring 12 push buttons, two 2-way toggle switches and two 7-way kinky switches, three rotary encoders, and six thumb encoders, you are able to control all of your desired settings.
All buttons, switches, and rotaries are of the highest quality standards and fully tested and validated in our automated button testing machines to ensure years and years of reliable daily use.
The backside features, by default, two contactless magnetic shifter paddles, for fast and seamless gear shifts. The wheel is easily upgradeable to a dual-clutch for perfect race starts as well as two additional mappable paddles that, for example, can be used for effortless overtake and DRS activation. All paddles and associated mechanics are, like the wheel chassis itself, injection molded with an ultralight and stiff carbon composite material.
The Forte® wheel features no less than 49 fully customizable ARGB LEDs including rev and flag lights – allowing you to not only customize the look of your steering wheel, but also help you make those split-second decisions that can make the difference between success and failure. LEDs can, of course, be adjusted, dimmed, color customized, and mapped in RaceHub™, with many many more features to come. Each button and LED can be clearly marked via the provided sticker sheet, giving a backlit label for each function on your wheel.
GENERAL TECH & DIMENSIONS
- Exquisite, radical, and minimalistic Danish industrial design
- 49 Total programmable ARGB LEDs
- 15 aRGB RevLEDs
- 6 aRGB FlagLEDs
- 12 Button ARGB LEDs
- 12 Push buttons, 2 two-way Toggle switches, 2 seven-way Kinky switches
- 3 twelve position Rotary encoders, 6 Thumb encoders
- 2 Contactless Magnetic shifter Paddles with additional optional paddles being upgradable
- Injection molded Carbon fiber reinforced composite chassis with laser etched forged carbon structure
- 2 mm woven carbon fiber front face
- All adjustable mechanical features are by default colored orange Inhouse developed electronics with 16-bit resolution and automotive-grade pressure sensor
- Possibility to change to XL handles at a later time
- Made in Denmark
- Easy-to-use, no-play quick-release. Ensuring stable data and power transmission without the use of cables, batteries, or wireless signals.
- Full button, switch, encoder, and paddle custom mapping.
- Customizable Rev lights
- Pitlane control and Pit limiter
- Night mode
- LED start-up sequence
- Auto connection detection
- 290mm diameter with default configuration.
- 294mm diameter with XL handles.